Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sleepy Saturday



Ingredients:
1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture (the dough will be soft). Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 7-8 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.



Yesterday was a very lazy day for me. I'm working on starting the research and reading for my thesis next fall on the role of the governess in Victorian fiction, so I spent most of the day laying around reading Thakeray's Vanity Fair. Part way through the day, my little brother reminded me (ever so nicely, of course) that we'd been out of baked goods for approximately twenty-four hours since the family polished off my Cheshire Cat cupcakes. I decided that some tea cakes would be tasty with a cup of coffee, so I appeased him and made some cookies to accompany my reading. I used a recipe I found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment