Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Reading

It was a relaxing Sunday. No baking, but quite a bit of reading. After mass this morning, I spent the day reading and cleaning--I finished Little Bee and was in a pretty good mood afterward. Though the book can't quite be described as uplifting, it certainly had its moments, and I think I had forgotten how nice it is to read a book for fun. Little Bee wouldn't necessarily my top choice recommendation for a summer read, but it definitely gave me food for thought, and I'm glad I got the chance to read it. Next up on the "fun" book list is The Help by Kathryn Stockett, a book my grandma was overjoyed to be able to pass along to me (I'm not usually super excited to get book recommendations from people--it's just that my book list is already so long) after I asked her for it.

Before I start that, though, I'm finally getting really into Vanity Fair and having a great time with Becky Sharp and her friend Amelia as they continue along their adventures both together and separately. We'll see how much longer my sleepy eyes stay open, but I won't be closing them for lack of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment