Thursday, June 10, 2010

Perfection

Really, there are few things better in life than homemade chocolate chip cookies...at least as far as foods go. A friend from work asked me to make her some chocolate chip cookies and bring them in so I have "an excuse" to come visit her, so I did. I thought about finding a new recipe for them, or altering the one I know so that it's a little more personalized, but like I explained to my mom while I was making these, it doesn't get better than the Nestle Toll House recipe.


Monica: What about friends of your grandmother's? Wouldn't they have the recipe?
Phoebe: Well, you know I may have relatives in France who would know. My grandmother said she got the recipe from her grandmother, [trying to pronounce the name in French] Nestlé Toulouse.
Monica: What was her name?
Phoebe: [again trying to pronounce it in French] Nestlé Toulehouse.
Monica: Nestle Toll House?
Phoebe: Oh, you Americans always butcher the French language.

There's a reason Monica couldn't find a better recipe even after making dozens upon dozens of trial cookies...you can't beat perfection ;)


..the only thing I bake that I can't resist eating every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment