Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spice Cupcakes


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 pinches ground nutmeg
4 pinches salt
12 tablespoons butter
1 1/3 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
Combine ingredients until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 20 minutes.

Frosting:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

This morning I made these spice cupcakes, adapted from a recipe I found here. They turned out more like muffins for me, and they were a little dry (next time I may use a little less flour), but after adding this delicious cream cheese frosting, they were much more delicious. I'm not sure that I'll make the cupcakes again with this recipe--it just wasn't my favorite. However, I've got a lot of extra frosting that I can't wait to use, and I'll definitely make that again. Not only was it super easy, but it was also incredibly tasty. Not a great recipe if you're looking for super sweet icing, but perfect to cut into sweet or spiced cakes. Happy June! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment