Sunday, July 25, 2010

Zucchini Bread

I've been planning to make zucchini bread for a few days, and today when I actually made it I realized I bought too much (YAY!) and I can grill the other squash or make a side dish for dinner out of it. I love zucchini basically any way you make it, and that's part of what I love about it--it's so versatile that it can be grilled or baked or used in soup or even baked into a sweet, cinnamon flavored bread like this one.

I haven't had zucchini bread in a long time. My grandma used to make it when I was little, but I don't remember the last time we had any around. This variation was made with brown sugar and was slightly sweeter than I remember. It turned out pretty heavy, but I thought it was still okay.


Ingredients:
3 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Directions:
In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Add oil, brown sugar, zucchini, and vanilla; stir well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Pour batter into greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment