Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blueberry Cupcakes

My dad bought me a present today--some pastry bags and frosting tips! :) So I'll be having fun experimenting with those over the next couple of days :) Today, I didn't have a ton of time, but I did make some blueberry cupcakes with a pineapple cream cheese frosting, using the Pineapple Upside Down Cake Piece of Cake liqueur. I liked the strawberry buttercream frosting better, but these weren't bad, and I actually liked the cake on these ones much better. Plus, experimenting with the flower tip was fun, and I can't wait to make a few more frostings over the next few days when I have more time and play around with some of the other tips. Meanwhile, here's the recipe for the cupcakes I made today.



Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
10 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 large egg
1 cup milk + 1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. Pineapple Upside Down Cake Piece of Cake Liqueur
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 12 cupcake tins or line with cupcake liners. Mix ingredients, and fold in blueberries. Fill liners 2/3 full with batter, and bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

For the Frosting:
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tbsp. Pineapple Upside Down Cake Piece of Cake Liqueur
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted

No comments:

Post a Comment