Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kahlua Cupcakes

These were tasty, I thought, but very liquor-y. I'm not feeling so hot--allergies are really getting to me and my eyes aren't staying open so well, so I'm just going to post the pictures and recipes and call it a day. Maybe a more wordy post tomorrow or later this week. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose four
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup Kahlua
1/3 cup skim milk
3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or place liners in pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until blended. Beat in vanilla. Add the flour mixture, milk, and Kahlua.; mix thoroughly. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill each cup 2/3 full and bake for 18-24 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool completely and frost as desired. Makes 12 cupcakes.


For the frosting, I went for the trifecta of Piece of Cake Liqueurs, using the Chocolate Cake Liqueur in a really rich buttercream frosting. I used...
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 box powdered sugar
1 cup flour
3 tbsp. Chocolate Cake Piece of Cake Liqueur
2 tbsp. skim milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract

No comments:

Post a Comment