Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Devourer of Books

Still on a bit of a baking hiatus...it feels a little strange to go rifling through someone else's kitchen for ingredients and pans and what not. What that has given me ample time for (in between stressing over the job search and what not of course) is to pick my running habit back up and to read...a lot.

When I was in the city recently, gawking at the Random House office on Broadway, I noticed a gorgeous poster for Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares in their window. I did a double take, because I'm not sure how I missed this "ten years later" installment in one of my favorite young adult series. Admittedly, I'm always a bit skeptical of the whole flash forward approach to books and movies and such, but this seemed a bit different since she really seemed to just be doing a catch up with the characters.


This book was nothing like I expected, but somehow it also totally delivered everything I would have wanted in a catch-up sesh with my best friends from years ago...for better or for worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment