Friday, September 23, 2011

Rainy Day Baking

This morning it's been raining pretty much nonstop, and it's supposed to rain all weekend. So in between sending emails about jobs and things of that nature, I decided it would be a good day to bake something yummy and comforting.


I decided to make these delicious french toast cupcakes that I adapted from a recipe I found here.

My favorite part of this recipe is that on top of the cupcake itself (underneath the frosting), there's this delicious french toast crust, made of an egg, milk, and cinnamon mixture, which really gives it that crusty french toast texture. For my version, I decided to top them with a vanilla buttercream that just a touch of cinnamon. Then I topped them with another little sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup. Mmm...breakfast for dessert. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment