Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This post is a little late, but only because I was lucky enough to spend yesterday, Thanksgiving, with my wonderful family, eating way too much and sharing many laughs and time together. I have so much to give thanks for, but one of the things I was most thankful for this year was that I was able to come home and enjoy all of my great Thanksgiving traditions. I made pies with my grandma and cousin on Wednesday, spent time with old friends on Wednesday night, had a Thanksgiving dinner made only of side dishes (my favorite) and a night of board games with my family, and did a little Black Friday shopping with my mom this morning.

This year it was just a small group at my grandma's--just she, my grandpa, and my immediate family--so we made fewer pies: two pumpkin and one apple.

Our pumpkin pies turned out delicious, as usual. Much like how I cannot seem to find a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I prefer over the Nestle Tollhouse recipe, I'll also swear by the classic Libby's pumpkin pie recipe. It's super easy, and it's always creamy and fluffy and delicious (completely covered in whipped cream, of course).

We also made this apple pie, with a beautiful lattice top. I love lattice tops--they're so simple to make, but they look gorgeous.

And with a batch of homemade dough (that was a little unmanageable, so we opted not to use for any of our pies), Mackenzie and I were left to our own devices. I made these little turkey tarts with a raspberry cream cheese filling.

Gobble, gobble (and boy, did we)! I hope everyone had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment