Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Cookies

Sometimes, I have moments where I am so happy that it feels surreal. It's strange in a way, because I'm not really talking about those really obvious ones--like when I graduated from college or the most excellent nights spent with my friends. It's more of that wonderful contented feeling that's the culmination of everything just going my way. Tonight, I had one of those moments.

I made it home for the home for the holidays, and tonight I set about to make some of my brother's favorite Christmas cookies upon his request. Christmas music blaring through the house, I threw the ingredients in a bowl and got to work making these delicious peanut butter cup cookies (and they're his favorite for a reason--they're awesome and incredibly easy).


Oh gosh, they're good. And so simple--just a regular peanut butter cookie, but baked up in a mini muffin tin. Then, right when they come out, you add a peanut butter cup so that it gets all gooey and delicious wrapped up in the cookie. Oh, dear.

I bopped along to Straight No Chaser singing Carol of the Bells, sipped at a glass of Bailey's, ate two cookies that fell apart (oops!) as I pulled them out of the pan, and thought about how lucky I am this year. I got everything I wanted for Christmas, and it's still two days away: a new apartment in New York where I know so many adventures await me and a fantastic new job that I worked really hard for and cannot wait to start. Best of all, I get to be at home with my family--crazy as they can sometimes be--to celebrate my favorite holiday before heading back to the city to celebrate New Years with some of the best of friends. I don't think I could be having a better holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment