Sunday, June 3, 2012

2-Minute Cake

Consider this what I plan to live on for the next several months. I have found it--the perfect summer dessert. Or snack. Tomato, tom-ah-toe. This mug cake is by far the most delicious thing I've eaten this past week, and it's not for lack of other yummy treats. It is also by far the easiest--and almost definitely the healthiest--thing I have baked in quite some time.  Oh, yeah...it took me less than two minutes to make this. Literally.


Curious yet? I sprayed a mug with nonstick spray, then measured in 1/4 cup boxed angel food cake mix. Added 3 tablespoons of water, stirred, and popped this in the microwave for about a minute till my kitchen smelled of angel foody goodness.

That's it--really! Two minute cake. I added some Cool Whip Free (my other new favorite discovery of late), and some blueberries, and my gosh--delicious. Best of all, I used blueberries this time, but you can bet I'll be eating it with strawberries, blackberries, cherries...etc. for the rest of the summer.

I've made several other versions of mug cake in the past--coffee cake, chocolate and mocha cakes, vanilla pound cake, and more, but this one takes the cake (ha!) on ease, and quite possibly on deliciousness...although I can't say that with complete certainty (that pesky coffee cake memory just won't go away...).


In other news, I also got this adorable new print for over my stove, with this very fitting quote:

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." 
--C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment