Sunday, July 8, 2012

Disney Cupcakes

Sometimes, things that actually make me really sad give me a good excuse to make some really cute cupcakes. One of my favorite people at work is leaving to go work for Disney. While obviously I'm really upset that she won't be working with us anymore, I of course took this as an excuse to make these adorable Mickey Mouse cupcakes.


I made vanilla bean cupcakes and topped them with a thin layer of oreo buttercream frosting (I had to do something with the center of all those oreo-turned-ears, so I combined it all with some butter, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder, and voila!). Then, I dipped each frosted cupcake into a bowl of oreo crumbs, and topped it with two oreos, trimmed down a bit to be proportional with the cupcake to look like Mickey Mouse's ears.

Here's the recipe for my fluffy vanilla bean cupcakes:

Ingredients :
1 1/4 c. + 2 tbsp. flour
1 1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk (I used vanilla almond milk, but any kind you like will do)
1 tsp. vanilla bean paste (scraped vanilla bean would also work, although the paste is obviously much easier to work with)
1/2 c. butter, room temperature
1 c. sugar
2 eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*
Mix wet and dry ingredients separately, combine.
Fill cupcake liners, or greased cupcake sheet, 2/3 full with batter.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment